12.30.2011

Road Trip 2011

So instead of spending wads of money we don't have to fly 5 people from Seattle to the middle of no where Oklahoma Panhandle, we drove 3,400 miles round trip in my big, bad, black SUV. Nope, no mini van around here. Anyhoo, here are some pictures I took with my phone along the way.
Dinner the first night in Ellensburg, WA and I happen to read the ingredient list of the apple juice.  Why is our apples coming from other countries when the state of Washington is known for their apples.  Just saying People.
My oldest wearing his In-N-Out hat.  We drove 20 miles out of the way for a double-double on the second day of driving.  Love me some In-N-Out.

My second born son showing us his sticker page courtesy of the gal who took our order and handed over the goods :)
MMMMMMM, dinner
Our third day of travel. I-80 cruising eastbound through Wyoming
Just east of Green River, WY. Crystal clear blue sky and white snow covered plateaus.
My little man listening to his big brother's ipod.  He wasn't a happy camper being strapped down in a 5 point harness for days on end, but he still loves me :)

It seemed the further south we drove....

the colder the temperature.
Western Kansas around 2 am.  Brrrrrrrr!
Now for the return drive home. This was Western Kansas, flat land and lots of snow.
Not the best picture, but as we entered I-70 westbound to Denver, the moon was just beautiful against the darkening sky.
DINNER!!!!! Oh, how I love Chick-fil-A but despise the fact they are no where near me at all :(
After 11 hours in the car, we had finally arrived to Laramie, WY where we stayed the night.
More beautiful Wyoming landscape.
And even more headed westbound on I-80.
Oh yes we did :)
Hello normal winter temperatures.

We had a great trip seeing 8 states, driving 3,400 miles round trip, loving on grandparents and cousins and Praising Jesus for a SAFE trip too.

No comments:

Post a Comment