12.08.2011

Christmas dinner

The other night was the annual Ladies Christmas Dinner at Crossroads Bible Church. I usually host a table with my mother-in-law and we decide on a theme and run with it without going garishly over the top.  We ended up doing a winter white theme with these really cool frosty plates from Pier One and white dishes to accent.  I have no idea as to why I have no pictures from that evening as I had my iPhone, but alas, I took no pictures.
I did get to sit at the table with my mother-in-law, Mike's grandma and my lovely friends from our home fellowship group.  Some of these gals are friends that I have known almost as long as I have lived in Washington and others are newer friends.  I am super blessed to know each one of these ladies.  It was a fun evening to chat with one another without our passel of 21 children asking us questions, requesting food and needing our attention like they do every other Friday when we get together for bible study.


We had a yummy dinner and then fun entertainment courtesy of the local Christian university's jazz ensemble. I am thankful that this year we were able to eat dinner together and begin our Christmas season together.

No comments:

Post a Comment