7.28.2012

Hidden meaning

Ever have those days where you wonder what God is up to in your life?  I've had a few of those days lately.  This summer I'm part of the women's bible study my Sunday School/Adult Bible Fellowship puts on to minister to those who want to be part of a bible study since the church at large takes a hiatus during June through August.  The gal who is in charge so to say of the study asked me if I would be willing to lead the study for a couple of weeks.  Sure, I look at it as a chance to dig deeper into the Word and be able to share that knowledge with the ladies in the study.

Only that didn't happen. My kids got sick with fevers the first week I was suppose to teach and the second week, the power went out and the church had no idea how long it would last.  Okay......  First off, my husband was leaving for junior high camp that morning and I was going to give him a ride because we were going to the same place after all and then to find out I'm not teaching just sent me into a funk.
This photo is a picture of a painting at a girlfriends house and even though I don't know the story behind the painting, it just spoke to me the next day. I was still in a funk, my husband was gone and I was parenting 3 boys all by myself and not doing a very good job at all.  I needed God to restore me but I was having a hard time trying to get into the Word.  I'm thankful for His forgiveness and grace in my life and hopefully, someday I will look back at this time and see God's purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment