11.07.2009

Day 310

My dear friend, Dana, decided to have a girl's get together for no other reason than to hang out without our kiddos and enjoy each other's company. She fixed quite the spread of cheese, crackers, spinach artichoke dip, veggies and dip, wontons, chips, salsa, guacamole and brownies. Along with all the yummy food was wine and mocktails for all us preggers. Come to find out, there was one more amongst us as she told us tonight she was 12 weeks along and starting to tell people. Somethings in the water around here....

Okay, the mocktails were yummy drinks and I'm going to have to get the recipes for Thanksgiving for some fun, festive drinks, but the best part was just catching up with one another. After a chance to eat and drink, Dana whipped out the XBox and my favorite game, Lips. It's a karaoke game with a mix of songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s and today. I sang Walk Like an Egyptian by the Bangles to warm up and then busted a move with some song about lip gloss. I have no idea who sings it, or why I'm so good at it, but I can put that song down and earned nearly 2 million points to become Super Nova. Unfortunately, the little one kicking around is starting to make it hard for me to sing and breathe at the same time, so I was a bit winded after the lip gloss song, but I was glad Dana's sister got a picture of me belting out the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment